Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mynd you, m00se bites Kan be pretty nasti ...

BEFORE THE SCENE, HERE'S WHAT YOU MISSED::

ARTHUR: There it is! The Bridge of Death!

ROBIN: Oh, great. KNIGHT: Look!

ARTHUR: There's the old man from Scene 24!

BEDEMIR: What is he doing here?

ARTHUR: He is the keeper of the Bridge of Death. He asks each traveller five questions-- KNIGHT: Three questions.

ARTHUR: Three questions. He who answers the five questions--

KNIGHT: Three questions.

ARTHUR: Three questions may cross in safety.

ROBIN: What if you get a question wrong?

ARTHUR: Then you are cast into the Gorge of Eternal Peril.

ROBIN: Oh, I won't go.

KNIGHT: Who's going to answer the questions?

ARTHUR: Sir Robin!

ROBIN: Yes?

ARTHUR: Brave Sir Robin, you go.

ROBIN: Hey! I've got a great idea. Why doesn't Launcelot go?

LAUNCELOT: Yes, let me go, my liege. I will take him single-handed. I shall make a feint to the north-east--

ARTHUR: No, no, hang on, hang on, hang on! Just answer the five questions--

KNIGHT: Three questions.

ARTHUR: Three questions as best you can. And we shall watch... and pray.

LAUNCELOT: I understand, my liege.

ARTHUR: Good luck, brave Sir Launcelot. God be with you.

SCENE 24;

Night. Bridge.

KEEPER: Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, 'ere the other side he see.

LAUNCELOT: Ask me the questions, bridge-keeper. I'm not afraid.

KEEPER: What is your name?

LAUNCELOT: My name is Sir Launcelot of Camelot.

KEEPER: What is your quest?

LAUNCELOT: To seek the Holy Grail.

KEEPER: What is your favorite color?

LAUNCELOT: Blue.

KEEPER: Right. Off you go.

LAUNCELOT: Oh, thank you. Thank you very much.

ROBIN: That's easy!

KEEPER: Stop! Who approaches the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, 'ere the other side he see.

ROBIN: Ask me the questions, bridge-keeper. I'm not afraid.

KEEPER: What is your name?

ROBIN: Sir Robin of Camelot.

KEEPER: What is your quest?

ROBIN: To seek the Holy Grail.

KEEPER: What is the capital of Assyria?

ROBIN: I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!

KEEPER: Stop! What is your name?

GALAHAD: Sir Galahad of Camelot.

KEEPER: What is your quest?

GALAHAD: I seek the Holy Grail.

KEEPER: What is your favorite color?

GALAHAD: Blue. No yel-- Auuuuuuuugh!

KEEPER: Heh heh. Stop! What is your name?

ARTHUR: It is Arthur, King of the Britons.

KEEPER: What is your quest?

ARTHUR: To seek the Holy Grail.

KEEPER: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

ARTHUR: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

KEEPER: What? I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!

BEDEMIR: How do know so much about swallows?

ARTHUR: Well, you have to know these things when you're a king you know.

END

I picked this movie snipit because its so incredibly dumb and stupid, that i almost wet my pants the first time I watched the whole thing all the way through. Effects or narration added to the script helps the actors as well as the directors get into character even more, so in this scene, it would be beneficial to add some big booms and creepy guys if you know what i mean. Some things i would add to the script to add more effect than just having the dialogue would be the dramatic EXPLOSIONS. Including the fire balls and the creaking bridge. Plus the emotion the actors could probably get. But we could add it in to add even more drama to the whole 'three questions' madness. Another fun thing to add would be the reactions of the other cast members as the others were thrown off the bridge, to add some more dramatic charictar. Over all the scenes were done really well and make sure you know your birds!

1 comment:

One Moment Can Change Everything said...

Okay, first off I didn’t not like how in the being of this clip there were cartoons. I felt like I was a little kid again. So I defiantly think you need to change that up. Also it was really random from the cartoons scene went to this guy fallin off his chair to the scene where their in the mountains. You need better transition skills. I thought it was dumb questions you had him asking they should have more like high intelligent questions instead of questions like “what is your favorite color?” Also I would make it look more realistic. It looked so unrealistic that it made me so uninterested. But I did like the part were the ugly guy got stumped and was taken away. That was cool!